Since it’s the last day of February 2019, I thought I’d share with you all some of my favorite things I’ve been obsessed with over the past month!
1. Stylize curved bobby pins: my sister has been using these for years, and has been telling me to try them out. I finally decided to buy a pack at the grocery store a few weeks ago after getting bangs. I like to pin my bangs back when I’m at the gym, or on days when I can’t be bothered to style them. With bangs bobby pins are right at the top of my head and regular bobby pins stick out too much, I don’t like how it looks. I also find that they don’t hold bangs back at tightly as I’d like. Stylize curved bobby pins fix these problems for me, they don’t stick out and hold bangs back tight, so I don’t have to constantly adjust and re-pin them-winning!
2. Purdy’s assorted chocolates: I’ve loved Purdy’s chocolate for years! It is honestly my favorite chocolate, EVER! When I go to their store I typically buy my fave chocolate bars (milk chocolate, coffee break, and almond) and have been intimidated by the vast assortment of assorted chocolate. Too many choices and options gives me anxiety, I much prefer a few options or when someone chooses for me. Just in time for Valentine’s Purdy’s generously sent me some treats, which included assorted chocolates, and it was so great to be able to try out the various flavor combinations! I also appreciate that their assorted chocolate boxes come with a little booklet describing the flavors with pictures so you know what you’re eating! You can order assorted boxes online or in store.
3. Huda Beauty Amethyst Obsessions: My bestie actually bought this palette for me for Christmas, but I didn’t get around to trying it out until a few weeks ago. The birthstone for February is Amethyst, so it’s kinda funny to me that I’ve been using it and loooving it this month! Huda is known for having highly pigmented and easily blendable shadows, with little fallout, and this is definitely true of Amethyst Obsessions. If you’re a fan of pink and purple shadows like I am, then this is the perfect palette for you! Huda gives a mix of matte and shimmer colors that have both dark and sultry colors, as well as light and bright ones, so you can wear them for day, or nighttime looks. Tip-if you want super, ultra intense color wet your brush with setting spray or a priming spray first! For more beauty product faves this winter click here.
4. Revlon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer: I asked Hubby to get me this off Amazon for my birthday- it was like $55, soooo affordable! I have always loved the look of a classic blowout, but find it extremely hard to do myself. I can never seem to manoeuvre the round brush properly with one hand, while also holding a blow dryer in the other. Revlon has made my wishes and dreams of an at-home blowout possible, and for less money than 2 salon blow outs would cost.
This hair styler can transform your hair to straight and smooth, loose and voluminous curls, or my personal fave straight with a slight curl to the ends. The best part about the brush is that it doesn’t pull on your hair; as long as you have a decent amount of tension when brushing it through your hair, you should be able to get hair through with no issues. I have extremely curly, frizz-prone, thin, stubborn hair, and have never been able to blow dry my hair straight-and the back, towards the top of my head has always been a trouble spot for me when it comes to styling, because of a stupid cowlick, but when I use my Revlon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer my hair turns out perfectly, every time.
If you purchase this styler with the expectation or hope that it will reduce the amount of time you typically spend styling your hair, I don’t know if I can say that it will, because it depends on a)what kind of hair you have b)how wet you hair is when styling and c)what style you’re looking to create. For me personally, it cuts down the time I used to spend straightening my hair because I no longer need to section it off, blow dry it, section again, flat iron it, and then re-straighten trouble spots constantly. With this magical styler I just towel dry, section if off and run the brush through the sections and voila-straight, smooth, and voluminous hair in half the time. If you’re used to doing an at-home blow out the traditional way, then I also suspect this will cut back your styling time as it’s a million times easier than using a round brush and blow dryer on yourself! My only complaint is that the handle is a little bulky, so if you have smaller hands you will get a workout in just from gripping the styler, but it’s totally worth it!
5. Chenille Sweaters: I had been searching desperately for some cozy, chenille sweaters for months with no luck! The only ones I could find were crops-not practical at all for our frigid winters! Then one day I randomly googled “Chenille Sweaters, Winnipeg” (where I live) and a store called “Marks Work Warehouse” came up and showed a few on sale…YAY! I had never shopped there before but decided to order 2 (a navy cardigan style, and a purple crew neck sweater) and got the 2 for less than $50-hallelulah! Bonus, there are several MWW stores in Winnipeg, so If for some reason the sweaters sucked (which they totally DID NOT), then I could easily return them! When they arrived a few days later, I fell in love with them immediately, because of how soft and warm they were, and so did The Twincesses, who kept stealing them and begged for their own. Lucky for them that about a week later I was at Old Navy and found identical to mine, navy blue chenille cardigans, and they were on clearance for $12, so of course I had to buy them so we could all match!
So that’s it for my February Favorites-have you tried any of these? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts! And if you’ve also discovered some new favorites this month let me know in the comments below!
Have a fabulous rest of your week, Lovelies!